Thursday, March 24, 2011

Snow, Rain Go Away Come Again Another Day


As it's raining/snowing (depending on the moment today) I thought I would post another fly that is is fun to make and looks really cool when you make it. This is a frog pattern that works well with fish that regularly eat frogs, like a bedding bass. First you need two colors of 1/8" thickness craft foam of the color of the frogs you are imitating. some rubber leg material, red 0/6 thread or floss. You can also get some sticky eyes to place on it if you don't want to draw them. In order to get the shape right you will need River Road Creations: STP Frog Foam Body Cutter. This ensures that your frog is symmetrical, and in my case recognizable as a frog.  these foam cutters are available at Cabela's or Amazon. I've provided the links for here for both sites on the blog.
I hope the weather breaks soon. Lets get out there and get some fish!!!
Rasczack

No comments:

Post a Comment