Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fly fishing Equipment

I am using an antique bamboo fly rod with an antique automatic fly reel. I have several fly reels that are The modern manual reels and I have a fiberglass rod. I just like the feel of the older equipment better. Why have they gone away from the automatic fly reels anyway? I think its more fun to fight the fish with my hand on the line controlling the drag and really getting a feel for The fish. I feel like I'm closer to nature when I do it that way.
I will admit that if you are going after the big fish that can pull line out real quickly you might want to have the manual reel. But I just don't want to give up my automatic reel and bamboo rod. What kinds of equipment do you use and do you have any that you don't want give up even though its now considered obsolete? I would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment