Friday, December 5, 2014

Fly Fishing Gifts

Its that Time again. Time to take out all the Christmas decorations and get people some stuff that they may or may not use. If you're like me you want to be able to spread that joy of giving out longer and have them enjoy the gift you got them. I know that I love to fish and I would love to take people out on the rivers with me so I started by getting some simple fishing equipment for them. There are some great inexpensive equipment that if they decide they don't enjoy it as much as swinging a golf club then you won't feel too bad. I have personally bought a scientific Anglers set up that was about $20 and while its not a great reel its good to teach people with. I would recommend moving on to a better set up if they find they really enjoy it.
A few of my fly cases.
I also have found that people that already fly fish may not have all the cases that they need for flies. I know that is how it is with me. I found myself using any container that was no longer in use being recycled into a fly case. the problem being that I always made a mess looking for a fly in them. another great gift is just some fly tying supplies like some hackle or even some foam or foam cutters. If you have some one that already enjoys the sport. Then I found the modern cases and I have loved it. Just a few ideas for this holiday season to help spread the love of fly fishing.
A good case for larger flies and lures. 
While the compartments are good at keeping different flies apart it can be difficult to get the smaller ones out without dropping a few.
This foam square is great to have to keep your most used flies right where you can get them while on the water.
The foam inserts make it easy to organize and find flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment