Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Favorite Fly-fishing Reel

I have to say that my favorite fly reel is an antique automatic that was my great-grandfathers. What makes it even more unique is that I still have braided nylon fly line that is still good on it and I have more stashed away.
The reason I love to use it is first that it means a lot to me to have it. Secondly, I like to play the fish while holding the line rather than reeling it in like I was bait or spinner fishing. I know that you can't do that if the fish is too big but as I don't do it with salmon or saltwater fishing I think I'm ok. I also really like to use the bamboo rod that he had as well. They are well balanced together and work great for me. I may not be able to cast as far as I would with newer equipment but as I am on smaller streams and rivers with a lot of cover I don't need to.




No comments:

Post a Comment