Monday, April 25, 2011

Tibble Fork

I fished Tibble Fork on Saturday morning and absolutely froze. I arrived there at 0500 and it was quite dark and overcast. Because of this I figured I would start off with bait and so I set up my spinning rod with a two hook set up the lower one had some Predator dough bait in green and the upper hook had a night crawler. The fish completely ignored the dough bait nut did nibble on the night crawler. They didn't take enough to get hooked it though. So I changed both hooks to nightcrawlers and waited. Still they just nibbled and ate most of the worm leaving only a small Parr left on the hook.
If you look at the population of trout there it seems that at the moment there are a lot of fingerlings and the few larger fish are very picky about what they eat. They were only biting on gnats and small dry flies. With the snow coming down while I was there it really wasn't the most enjoyable trip. I hope its warmer next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment